Q: What is Hentai Con?
A: Hentai Con seeks to create a safe and fun environment where mature adults can explore the genre with other like-minded enthusiasts and help create awareness and appreciation for hentai as an art form.
Q: Where will the convention be held?
A: Hentai Con will be held at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel
2500 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 9150
Q: When is Hentai con?
A: Friday, November 2nd (Day 1) through Sunday, November 4th (Day 3)
Q: What are Hentai Con event hours?
A: 11/2 Fri. 10am to 2am 11/3 Sat. 10am to 2am 11/4 Sun. 10am to 5pm
Q: What are Registration Hours for badge pick up?
A: 11/2 Fri. 9am to 9pm 11/3 Sat. 9am to 9pm 11/4 Sun. 9am to 3pm
Q: What are Hentai Con Exhibit Hall hours?
A: 11/2 Fri. 12pm to 7pm 11/3 Sat. 11am to 7pm 11/4 Sun. 11am to 3pm
Q: How much are badges?
A: A: Prices will increase periodically until the day of the convention.
Full Weekend Badge (3-Days)
- $35 – Early Bird Special Until 8/16/18
- $40 – 8/17 – 9/25
- $45 – 9/26 – 11/1
- $50 – At the Door
Single Day Badge (1-Day)
- $25 – Friday
- $30 – Saturday
- $20 – Sunday
Q: When will I receive my badge?
A: Badges will be ready for pick up on Friday, November 2nd (Day 1) at the Registration Desk. Please bring a government issued photo ID.
Q: What does my badge get me?
A: Badges get you access to general areas such as events, panels, workshops, and activities at the venue. Badges do NOT grant you an Artist Alley table, Exhibit Hall space, or Swap Meet space. Those are purchased separately.
Q: Can I get a refund on my badge after I purchase?
A: You may request a refund on badges up to 30 days after purchase or up to 30 days before the event, whichever comes first. To request a refund, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Can I bring my pet to Hentai Con? What about a Service Animal?
A: Hentai Con is a diverse and welcoming convention, and we want to make sure everyone can enjoy the convention, including anyone who might need to bring a service animal. Per the venue rules, pets under 25 pounds and service animals are allowed in the hotel, including staying the night in your hotel room (with an added fee). However, in the convention center, only registered service animals are allowed by the venue. We ask that you make sure your service animal is properly trained to be around crowds and/or on a leash, to help ensure a safe and happy convention for all.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Hentai Con is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for all, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form (please refer to our anti-harassment policy).
This code of conduct applies to all of Hentai Con spaces, including social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the Hentai Con team.
Some of Hentai Con spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules. The rules provided here are to ensure the safety of attendees, staff, and all others who may walk our halls. It is everyone’s duty to follow these rules to assure that all attending Hentai Con may have an enjoyable experience in a safe environment.
While in our convention spaces please keep your badge visible at all times. Hentai Con reserves the right to refuse entrance and/or service to any person(s) at the convention.
RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the general conduct policies, we also have rules and guidelines for cosplay, press, exhibitors, and all others. For more specific guidelines please contact your respective departments for further information. Violations of any of the following rules or responsibilities as an attendee can result in loss of privileges up to and including expulsion from the event without refund, legal action, or involvement with the authorities.
- Please refrain from behaving in a way that may prevent an attendee, staff, or hotel worker from enjoying their time at Hentai Con. If it may appear dangerous, obnoxious, uncomfortable, or otherwise compromising please refrain from doing so. It is the responsibility of all to make sure everyone can have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
- Any of the following behavior is not tolerated: sexually explicit language, profanity, obscene gestures, and racist, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- “Cosplay is not Consent”. Please remember to be courteous to all cosplayers and ask before attempting to touch them in any way. Be respectful of their right to say no. We have a zero-tolerance policy and harassment of any kind will result in forfeiture of your badge and expulsion from the convention with no refunds issued.
- Though we are an 18+ Convention, all attendees must still comply with local city ordinances and state laws. Drug use, carrying a firearm, excessive or underage alcohol use, harassment, etc, is strictly prohibited. If you have a safety or security concern bring it to the convention’s operation center immediately. For emergencies dial 911.
- City of Burbank Municipal Code
- City of Burbank: Title 5, Police and Public Safety, Morals and Conduct Chapter 3, 5-3-109: Public Nudity and Disrobing: No person shall appear, bathe, sunbathe, walk, change clothes, disrobe or be in any public place, place open to the public, or place open to public view in such manner that the genitals, vulva, pubis, pubic hair, buttocks, perineum, anus, anal region or pubic hair region of any person, or any portion of the breast at or below the upper edge of the areola of any female person, is exposed to public view.”
- City of Burbank Municipal Code
- Adults ages 21 and over and are legally permitted to drink may order alcoholic beverages from the hotel, room service, and other places that legally serve alcohol and have liquor licenses. We do not encourage drinking, but if you choose to do so we ask that you drink responsibly.
- Photography and video recording of any kind is strictly prohibited during any AMV contest or anime screenings.
- Selling anything of any kind at the convention is prohibited unless you are a registered exhibitor within the convention.
- When attending Hentai Con you are consenting to the use of any photography or video footage taken by the staff, approved industry, or media in highlights, marketing endeavors, or other medias without compensation to you. Your attendance constitutes a grant of rights to the convention to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, creative derivative works of, or otherwise use any video or pictures that it obtains and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including online, for broadcast, or other transmissions.
- These rules apply to all types of attendees, including exhibitors, press, and other con attendees. We may also establish additional policies covering press, exhibitors, and others.
- The convention’s code of conduct and other rules are subject to change at any time, and without notice, at the discretion of the convention. Violation of the rules is grounds for immediate loss of your convention badge and suspension from the convention.
Hentai Con has a ZERO-TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind,
Including but not limited to:
- Offensive Verbal Comments
- Physical Assault and/or Battery
- Harassing or Non-Consensual Photography or Recording
- Sustained Disruption of Panels, Signings, and Other Events
- Bathroom Policing
- Inappropriate Physical Contact
- Unwelcome Physical Attention
- Hate Symbols
In relation, but not limited to:
- National Origin
- Gender Identity
- Gender Presentation
- Sexual Orientation
- Body Size
Hate symbols are not permitted at Hentai Con, including as part of cosplay, and Hentai Con will not allow costumes that contain hate symbols or appropriate the symbolism of hate groups, including, but not limited to, historical/comic-related/satirical costumes that are associated with Nazis. Whether a behavior or a costume violates this policy shall be determined by Hentai Con in its sole discretion.
All weapons and large props must be inspected and approved by our operations or security staff at the convention. We will then “Peace Mark” them by affixing a ribbon that indicates we have checked them. If necessary, we may also “Peace Bond” them by using a ribbon or tie to keep your weapon from being drawn or used by either the owner or others. It is a privilege to bring large props and weapons to the convention, and everyone must take great care to be careful not to cause damage to both the venue and people within the venue. We will allow certain specific prop weapons or large props, however if it is not listed below it will not be allowed in. Please be aware that due to crowding, space, or potential safety hazards, the rules will be subject to change mid convention to ensure safety.
- Guns: Any gun that may appear realistic are only allowed if they have a very obvious bright orange tip that shows they are non-working/lethal guns. Toy or Fantasy guns that appear obviously fake are allowed. Any gun that has the potential to work or may appear to be real to the public however is not allowed.
- Swords: Wooden or plastic variants are allowed so long as they can be tied shut in their sheath. Swords must never be waved around or wielded, but they can be used for still posing for photographs.
- Bows: Toy, wooden, or plastic bows can sometimes be permitted. However professional or compound bows are not. Equipping an arrow to a bow is unacceptable, even for photos.
- Large Props: While large props are generally okay we ask that you be mindful of your surroundings when wielding them. No prop should supersede the height of 8 feet in length or width. This is to avoid clogging of entry ways as well as elevators. If crowding becomes a problem we may ask you to return your props to either your hotel or your car. We will not store them for you.
- Pretend Weapons: Anything that is entirely (obviously) a play/pretend weapon and cannot be mistaken whatsoever as something that is real will be permitted.
- Dangerous Things: Please keep your extremely dangerous things, like your Class IV lasers and missile launchers, at home. (Of course, these examples are fictional, but please remember to use some common sense.)
- Adult Paraphernalia: Whips, floggers, paddles, ropes, clamps, leashes are sometimes permitted if part of a cosplay. Vibrators, dildos, butt plugs, erotic furniture, strap-ons, lubrication and any other items not listed but that are categorized as adult paraphernalia/toys are not permitted to be brought in from outside the venue unless it is part of a cosplay. If you purchase any of the previously listed items from the exhibit hall, they are to remain sealed and in their original packaging until you return to your room or car. No such item is to come into contact with other cosplayer/attendee/staff without permission (please refer to our Code of Conduct Rule #3). Even with permission, all person(s) must still comply with local and state law/ordinances. Hentai Con staff will be inspecting cosplayers and have the sole discretion of determining an item or cosplay as too lewd, revealing, exposed or may cause a safety hazard for others. In such a case, cosplayer will be asked to either adjust their cosplay, remove said item or change their outfit and they will be barred from entering the con until they do so.
Any weapon(s), toy(s) may be disallowed at any time at the discretion of convention staff.
Here at Hentai Con we encourage the creativity of all cosplayers from all walks of life. We want every cosplayer to feel safe and have fun! We ask that you be mindful of your location and fellow attendees while cosplaying. Though we are an 18+ Convention, all attendees must still comply with local city ordinances and state laws. Also, please remember to be courteous to all cosplayers and ask before attempting to hug or touch them in any way. Be respectful of their right to say no. Harassment of any kind may result in forfeiture of your badge and expulsion from the convention with no refunds issued. Below are a few guidelines to abide by while attending Hentai Con.
- Indecent Exposure: Cosplay should not expose the body in any way that may be considered “Indecent Exposure” per Los Angeles County Law. Private parts must be covered at all times. Proper steps must be taken by the cosplayer to ensure their cosplay is fashioned securely to prevent possible wardrobe malfunctions (exposure).
○ City of Burbank Municipal Code
■ City of Burbank: Title 5, Police and Public Safety, Morals and Conduct Chapter 3, 5-3-109: Public Nudity and Disrobing: No person shall appear, bathe, sunbathe, walk, change clothes, disrobe or be in any public place, place open to the public, or place open to public view in such manner that the genitals, vulva, pubis, pubic hair, buttocks, perineum, anus, anal region or pubic hair region of any person, or any portion of the breast at or below the upper edge of the areola of any female person, is exposed to public view.”
- Cosplay Size: All cosplay (which also includes the size of the cosplayer) must not supersede 8 feet by height nor width. Furthermore, a cosplay cannot span the length of two people or more. Cosplay must not impede or obstruct the flow of traffic or entryways.
- Signs: Any signage that acts as self-promotion or soliciting will not be permitted.
- Footwear: Shoes are required at all times.
- Inappropriate Costumes: No cosplay that may depict realistic law enforcement, military, medical personal, or official government agents will be permitted. “Vintage” historical uniform cosplay may be addressed at the conventions discretion.
If caught breaking any of the addressed guidelines you may be asked to change your cosplay or (should you refuse) leave the convention.
Protecting your private information is first and foremost our priority. The following statement governs the data collection and usage of Hentai Con as well as any information gathered from the Hentai Con Website. By using the Hentai Con Website,
you consent to the data practices described in the following statements.
Collection of Your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our site, Hentai Con may collect personal information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
If you purchase Hentai Con products or services, we must also collect a billing address as well as credit card information. This information must be provided in order to complete the transaction.
Hentai Con may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your age and gender.
We do not collect any personal information unless you voluntarily provide us said information. However certain products or services we provide may require you to submit information to complete transactions. Such things may include:
- Registering an account on our website
- Entering sweepstakes or contests sponsored by us or one of our partners
- Special offers from selected third parties
- Sending an e-mail
- Submitting credit card or other payment information when accessing services or products we may offer on our site
We will use said information to, but not limited to, communicate with you in relation to
services and/or products you have requested of us.
Use of Your Personal Information
Hentai Con may use your information for the following:
- Collecting information to operate the website and deliver the services you have requested
- To inform you of the other products or services available from Hentai Con and its
- Sharing information with third parties
- Hentai Con does not sell, rent, or lease customer lists to third parties
- Hentai Con may from time to time contact you on behalf of external business partners that may have offers particular to you. In these cases, your personally
identifiable information will not be transferred to third parties.
- Data may be shared with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send your e-mail, postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries.
- All third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to
provide these services for Hentai Con. They are required to maintain the
confidentiality of your information.
Hentai Con may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary for the following:
- To conform to the edicts of law or comply with legal process served on the Hentai
- Protect and defend the rights and/or property of Hentai Con
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Hentai
Con or the public
Tracking User Behavior
Hentai Con may keep track of the pages our users visit within our jurisdiction in order to determine what services are most popular. This data allows us to deliver customized content and advertising to Hentai Con customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by the Hentai Con website. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the ACC website.
The Hentai Con website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you
time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Hentai Con pages, register with Hentai Con, or any services we may provide, a cookie helps to recall your specific information or subsequent visit. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the Hentai Con website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Hentai Con features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Hentai Con website when you visit.
From time to time Hentai Con may contact you via e-mail for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
Changes to this Statement
Hentai Con welcomes your questions or comments regarding this statement of privacy. If you believe that Hentai Con has not adhered to this statement, please contact Hentai Con at email@example.com