Here at HentaiCon, we encourage the creativity of all cosplayers from all walks of life. We want every cosplayer to feel safe and have fun! We ask that you be mindful of your location and fellow attendees while cosplaying. Though we are an 18+ Convention, all attendees must still comply with local city ordinances and state laws. Also, please remember to be courteous to all cosplayers and ask before attempting to hug or touch them in any way. Be respectful of their right to say no. Harassment of any kind may result in forfeiture of your badge and expulsion from the convention with no refunds issued. Below are a few guidelines to abide by while attending HentaiCon.
- Indecent Exposure: Cosplay should not expose the body in any way that may be considered “Indecent Exposure” per Los Angeles County Law. Private parts must be covered at all times. Proper steps must be taken by the cosplayer to ensure their cosplay is fashioned securely to prevent possible wardrobe malfunctions (exposure).
○ City of Burbank Municipal Code
■ City of Burbank: Title 5, Police and Public Safety, Morals and Conduct Chapter 3, 5-3-109: Public Nudity and Disrobing: No person shall appear, bathe, sunbathe, walk, change clothes, disrobe or be in any public place, place open to the public, or place open to public view in such manner that the genitals, vulva, pubis, pubic hair, buttocks, perineum, anus, anal region or pubic hair region of any person, or any portion of the breast at or below the upper edge of the areola of any female person, is exposed to public view.”
- Cosplay Size: All cosplay (which also includes the size of the cosplayer) must not supersede 8 feet by height nor width. Furthermore, a cosplay cannot span the length of two people or more. Cosplay must not impede or obstruct the flow of traffic or entryways.
- Signs: Any signage that acts as self-promotion or soliciting will not be permitted.
- Footwear: Shoes are required at all times.
- Inappropriate Costumes: No cosplay that may depict realistic law enforcement, military, medical personnel, or official government agents will be permitted. “Vintage” historical uniform cosplay may be addressed at the conventions discretion.
If caught breaking any of the addressed guidelines you may be asked to change your cosplay or (should you refuse) leave the convention.