HentaiCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for all, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form (please refer to our anti-harassment policy).
This code of conduct applies to all of HentaiCon spaces, including social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the HentaiCon team.
Some of HentaiCon spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules. The rules provided here are to ensure the safety of attendees, staff, and all others who may walk our halls. It is everyone’s duty to follow these rules to assure that all attending HentaiCon may have an enjoyable experience in a safe environment.
While in our convention spaces please keep your badge visible at all times. HentaiCon reserves the right to refuse entrance and/or service to any person(s) at the convention.
RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the general conduct policies, we also have rules and guidelines for cosplay, press, exhibitors, and all others. For more specific guidelines please contact your respective departments for further information. Violations of any of the following rules or responsibilities as an attendee can result in loss of privileges up to and including expulsion from the event without refund, legal action, or involvement with the authorities.
- Please refrain from behaving in a way that may prevent an attendee, staff, or hotel worker from enjoying their time at HentaiCon. If it may appear dangerous, obnoxious, uncomfortable, or otherwise compromising please refrain from doing so. It is the responsibility of all to make sure everyone can have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
- Any of the following behavior is not tolerated: sexually explicit language, profanity, obscene gestures, and racist, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- “Cosplay is not Consent”. Please remember to be courteous to all cosplayers and ask before attempting to touch them in any way. Be respectful of their right to say no. We have a zero-tolerance policy and harassment of any kind will result in forfeiture of your badge and expulsion from the convention with no refunds issued.
- All attendees must comply with local city ordinances and state laws. Drug use, carrying a firearm, excessive or underage alcohol use, harassment, etc, is strictly prohibited. If you have a safety or security concern bring it to the convention’s operation center immediately. For emergencies dial 911.
- City of Burbank Municipal Code
- City of Burbank: Title 5, Police and Public Safety, Morals and Conduct Chapter 3, 5-3-109: Public Nudity and Disrobing: No person shall appear, bathe, sunbathe, walk, change clothes, disrobe or be in any public place, place open to the public, or place open to public view in such manner that the genitals, vulva, pubis, pubic hair, buttocks, perineum, anus, anal region or pubic hair region of any person, or any portion of the breast at or below the upper edge of the areola of any female person, is exposed to public view.”
- City of Burbank Municipal Code
- Adults ages 21 and over and are legally permitted to drink may order alcoholic beverages from the hotel, room service, and other places that legally serve alcohol and have liquor licenses. We do not encourage drinking, but if you choose to do so we ask that you drink responsibly.
- Photography and video recording of any kind are strictly prohibited during any AMV contest or anime screenings.
- Selling anything of any kind at the convention is prohibited unless you are a registered exhibitor within the convention.
- When attending HentaiCon you are consenting to the use of any photography or video footage taken by the staff, approved industry, or media in highlights, marketing endeavors, or other media without compensation to you. Your attendance constitutes a grant of rights to the convention to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, creative derivative works of, or otherwise use any video or pictures that it obtains and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including online, for broadcast, or other transmissions.
- These rules apply to all types of attendees, including exhibitors, press, and other con attendees. We may also establish additional policies covering press, exhibitors, and others.
- The convention’s code of conduct and other rules are subject to change at any time, and without notice, at the discretion of the convention. Violation of the rules is grounds for immediate loss of your convention badge and suspension from the convention.
HentaiCon has a ZERO-TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind,
Including but not limited to:
- Offensive Verbal Comments
- Physical Assault and/or Battery
- Harassing or Non-Consensual Photography or Recording
- Sustained Disruption of Panels, Signings, and Other Events
- Bathroom Policing
- Inappropriate Physical Contact
- Unwelcome Physical Attention
- Hate Symbols
In relation, but not limited to:
- National Origin
- Gender Identity
- Gender Presentation
- Sexual Orientation
- Body Size
Hate symbols are not permitted at HentaiCon, including as part of cosplay, and HentaiCon will not allow costumes that contain hate symbols or appropriate the symbolism of hate groups, including, but not limited to, historical/comic-related/satirical costumes that are associated with Nazis. Whether a behavior or a costume violates this policy shall be determined by HentaiCon in its sole discretion.